Sunday, February 21, 2016

Tasting - Indwe

Name: Indwe

Variety: Pinotage

Country: South Africa

Year: 2013

Price: $5.95
Winery Review:  “A disclaimer: I have never cared much for Pinotage, the indigenous South African grape variety, but this 2013 Pinotage from Indwe, named after the country's national bird, the blue crane, comes across like a light Pinot Noir. Subtle notes of cherries, spice and forest floor are followed by a round, light to medium-bodied, pure, seductive, well-crafted wine.” Drink now-2016.

My Review:  I first detected scents of both floral and spice.  I smelt the scent of cloves and other spices similar to those used in like a pumpkin pie. My impression on the taste of this wine is the following: very spicy, very smooth, and very dry. The spice was overpowering though and left an unpleasant taste in my mouth. Overall, this was my least favorite sample of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment