Sunday, March 20, 2016

Tasting - Bolla

Name: Bolla


Variety: Bardolino Magnum

Region: Bardolino

Country: Italy

Year: 2013

Price: $9.95
Winery Review:  A blend of 60% Corvina, 30% Rondinella, 10% Molinara this bright ruby red wine has hints of black cherry on the nose.  It is soft and fruit-forward, with black-fruit flavors followed by a bright and fresh finish. Serve it as the Italians do – young and lightly chilled. Pairs perfectly with fleshy fish, beef, lamb, red-sauced pastas and pizza.


My Review:  This wine to me smelled like pine needles and actually reminded me of aromas of Christmas. There were definitely dark berry flavors in this wine but I couldn't come with any specific ones. This wine was overall bitter and I could tell it had a high alcohol content.

No comments:

Post a Comment