Sunday, March 20, 2016

Tasting - Castello Sonnino

Name: Castello Sonnino


Variety: Chianti Montespertoli

Region: Chianti

Country: Italy

Year: 2010

Price: $8.95
Winery Review:  A blend of Sangiovese, Canaiolo, Trebbiano and Malvasia del Chianti. Rich and modern, with a dark, saturated color and aromas of graham cracker and lemon rind. A juicy palate packed with plum and raspberry is carried by a creamy texture that’s rather toasty in terms of flavor. The finish is round, full and chocolaty.

My Review:  This was one of the worst wines I have ever had. This wine was so overwhelmingly dry! I literally felt like like I needed a glass of water after drinking this wine. The only flavor I managed to pull out of this wine was alcohol. The alcohol content of this wine was obviously very high and overpowered any other flavors that may have been present.

No comments:

Post a Comment